Wishing everyone a safe and prosperous New Year. May 2014 bring many great new fishing memories.
For KFF, meetings will remain the 4th Monday of each month with two exceptions:
- May, the library is closed on Memorial Day. We will meet the next evening (Tuesday, May 27)
- July, we will meet on the 4th Tuesday.
As always, we do not meet in December due to the holidays.
Our January meeting will feature Jeff Guerin, fly fishing guide on the Little Missouri River.
Our February meeting will feature John Williams, owner of Pack and Paddle in Lafayette, who will talk about kayak fishing, selection and rigging.
On April 5th, we will host a "Fly Fishing 101" seminar at LDWF Woodworth Education Center. This is free and open to the public. More details to be posted soon.
There's lots of events happening again in 2014, for which Kisatchie members are invited to attend. All have been posted on our CALENDAR. Click on the Calendar entry for details. Here's a few coming up this Spring.
- Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Fest (Houston TX, Feb 1)
- Little Mo Fly Fishing Fest (Murfreesboro AR, Feb 14-16)
- Pack and Paddle Spring Demo (Mar 1)
- Red Stick Day (Mar 8)
- Acadiana Conclave (Lafayette, Mar 15)
- KFF "Fly Fishing 101" (Apr 5)
- Caddo Conclave (Karnack TX, Apr 11-12)
- Natchitoches Fishing Expo (May 3)
- Grand Isle Weekend (June 27-29)
Our club is also considering one or two "Backcast" events. Backcast is not officially a tournament. Let's just call it a friendly get-together with the flavor of a tournament. We meet somewhere to fish, catch-photo-release or keep a few if you wish, meet at the designated spot, swap stories, show the photos off, and enjoy a few burgers. Again, more details to come.